Hello guys! welcome in another shot of asthemesworld, this pandemic situation will blow my mind and i guess many of you think same. There many questions put up in our mind due to this pandemic situation and one of them which was actually asked by many of my members is that our existing insurance policy could help in this pandemic or not?
Will Existing Health Insurance Policy Helps in CoVid-19 Treatments?
So at first here is the good news that the answer of this question is truely yes! Many of us still not have any health insurance because we think it’s just a waste of money – hey if you thinks same so you are wrong. In many cases owners of any health insurance found that it’s very helpful to have health insurance. I request you if you don’t have any health insurance then please buy one, it really helps in situations like as nowadays “The pandemic“. So now move to our question which was actually is that will our existing insurance plan or policy helps in this pandemic and the answer is yes but i want to inform you that this is the goverment statement for all the insurance firms that they have to cover coronavirus disease under their existing policy plan and there are strict orders to follow all the rules. Health insurance cmpany willalso provide all benefits to the policyholder doesn’t matter if the disease is covid or another.
It has been clearly defined that if by chance you are tested positive under covid then it is the duty of your existing health insurance company to care about your all hospital charges (this all pre-defined in terms and conditions of the plan). As we all know that there is no signs still now that pandemic could be slow down or not and india is facing right now the second wave of covid-19.
For me, seriously this pandemic is more then the ghost, it’s directly attacked on my financial conditions but truly i’m fully healthy wealthy and also tested negative in covid. But due to pandemic there are many situations in which i fell down, what if i don’t have any insurance policy because my financial conditions is very down and i’m not able to handle hospital charges if any. But i knew that someday this situations were come for me and i’ll ready for that, make sure you are.
Claiming Procedure | Health Insurance Policy | Covid-19
- You don’t have to pay Hospital Charges aslo knows as Cashless claims: There many rules-regulation and benefits of having a insurance policy. Different comapny or different policy have different rules or guideliness for their policy like many isurance companies offers cashless claims to their policyholders. Now what is cashless claims? It is well known bty the name but if you have cunfusion then i’ll explain- clashless simply means NO chash need to pay bills. In this type of insurance, the company will pay the bills of your hospital. Remember: they don’t give claim in your hands as they have policy to pay at hospital.
- At first you pay the bill, then insurance company will pay you back “Pay now, Reimburse later“: If somehow policyholder is tested positive or have any other injury/disease and there is a chance of getting hospitalized, if somehow the hospital in which you admit don’t have a connection to your insurance company then in this case you have to pay your bills by own then your insurance company will pay you back. Remember, before getting hospitalized you have to check at first that your insurance company will provide you reimbursement or not. You have to prepare your documents to apply for reimbursement like hospital bills, doctor’s statement about your health conditions etc.
Guys! i’m again and again telling you that how much it is important to have a health insurance at that time like pandemic and lockdown. If you don’t have any health insurance and worried about how to get one without getting off the house then here is the solution. You can buy health insurance online without any need of heavy documents and don’t have to wait too much for it’s confirmation. Buying online insurance plan is the safest way to get insurance from home with full safety.
I know that every one read news but just for kind information i wanna tell you that india just beat a country and cover second place on most affected country list. There are more than 1.5 crore peoples tested to be positie for covid and i bet you that they don’t know that their test results are going to be positive. That’s whhy i’m saying again and again that having a health insurance at this time of pandemic will save you alot.
I researched on web to find some good health insurance so that if you are interested in buying health insurance then you can take a look at this. Always read terms and conditions of the policy that you want to buy.
A) New India Assurance health insurance
If somehow you tested positive under covid and have this insurance then don’t worry i’ll tell the benefits fo this insurance. At first this insurance is totaly safe and this company is actually indan comany so no worry about any loss or fraud. If you have this insurance then it covers all the expenses you got from hospitalization and home care treatments. Every insurance policy have some rules and regulation like the policyholder who apply for an insurance policy must be 18-65 years old. The sum insured in this type of health insurance is about ₹ 50,000 to ₹ 5 lakh. There are some other benefits of this health insurance policy like they offer pre-post hospitalisation expenses, hospital daily cash etc.
Benefits of New India Assurance Health Insurance Policy‘s
- There are many benefits of having this type of health insurance like if somehow you were tested positive in covid-19 checkup then this policy helps you to handle expenses when you are resting at your home upto 14 days.
- Every comapny have defferent rules and regulation for their policy, for now this type of insurance will provid this type assurity- if you were admited in any hospital more than 24hrs then the hospital charges will pay by the insurance company (company can provide you cashless claims or pay now, reimburse later etc. depends on insurance company)
Max Bupa health insurance
There are many types of policy plan which is provided by many companies in india but i found some very good health insurance plans by doing some reasearch, and one of them is indemnity based plan. Now don’t worry i’ll explain what is indemnity based plan. In these type of plans, somehow if you and your any family member (having this type insurance) is hospitalized then you don’t have to worry about expenses or hospital charges but you have to worry about something that is insurance sum assured in your policy plan. Yes let understant it with an simple example : if someone buy this type of health insurance plan then they have to choose a plan in which some terms and conditions will be defined like thesum insured for the plan. Now suppose that the plan you choose have insured sum about ₹ 50,000 to ₹ 5 lakh then if your hospital expenses more than insured amount then the rest will pay by you, not the insurance company but remember what i say it’s totally depends on your health insurance policy plan.
Max Bupa Health Insurance Policy/Plan | Benefits
- If somehow you and any of family member is hospitalized then the expenses before the 15 days of being hospitalized and 30 days after the discharge from hospital.
- If you found to be positive in covid test then the expenses is handled by company but within the insured amount.
- If you have any treatment then they also covered under this health insurance policy
- If you have any home care treatments under Covid-19 then expenses will be covered by the company under the policy.
Some benefits doesn’t cover under this insurance:
- Some of the conditions and situations are not valid to claim under this health insurance like – rest cure, rehabliation expenses and respite cure expenses.
- If you have purchased any diet supplemets or any type of health substances then this is not covered under this policy.
- If you are tested as corona positive and after the results you apply for health insurance then company couldn’t provide any cover related to covid-19.
- There are some other expenses which are not covered under this policy like Daycare and OPD treatment.
- If you have any treatment outside the indian region then it is not covered under this policy.
- If you have any tests at any diagonstic centre which is not actually authorised by the indian goverment then expenses related to this type of tests is not covered under this insurance policy.
- If indian government define any place for travel restrictions and somehow you travel to those place then this insurance policy is get cease.
Corona Kavach Policy for COVID 19
This policy is a indemnity based health insurance policy which give many benefits at affordable premium to you and any of your family members. As it’s name says all, it is a standard health policy which helps you to cover expneses under covid-19. You should buy this policy becasue it covers all expenses of the hospitalization under coroanvirus treatment.
There are different – different types of health insurance in the market based on some specefic rules like some insurance are only for policyholder or we can say individuals and not covers family members under those policy. But now we talk about this one – the most beneficial thing about this corona kavach policy is that under this policy any individual, their dependent children, their parents and their parents in law is covered. This insurance offers 3.5 months (105 days), 6.5 months (195 days) and 9.5 months (285 days) of period to cover under this policy.
This insurance is provided by both private and general insurers. This policy covers many expenses like homecare treatments, hospitalization expenses, road ambulance expenses and also AYUSH treatment expenses. The best benefit of this policy is that if you apply for this policy then after 15 days you are eligible to availing this policy benefits.
Corona Rakshak Policy for COVID 19
After rising in numbers of Covid-19 patients, indian government decided to offer them a insurance policy which helps in protecting them from this corona disease. This health insurance policy generally known as Corona Rakshak Policy. This policy is based on benefit health insurance policy which means that the isured amount is equal to 100%, if somehow the policyholder is tested positive under covid tratment.
If you and any of your family member is between 18 to 65 years old then he/she is eligible for buy this policy which also available for short time period like 3.5 months, 6.5 months, 9.5 months and the key note : if policyholder got the payments of benefits from this policy then this policy is get closed.
Remember, if anyone tested positive under treatment of covid-19 and get hospitalized in any of indian goverment hospital (rcognised by indian goverment) then expenses is totally covered by this health insurance policy. But if policyholder is hospitalised more than 72 hours in any of the recognised hospital then this policy helps to handle all the expenses under covid-19. As i mentioned above that this policy is benefit based policy which means that this policy is not renewale.
Is there any different between Corona Kavach and Corona Rakshak Health Insurance policy
Now from all the above read and from all of my knowledge, here we can discuss about the differences and make you comfortable to understand both of them. As i mentioned above that Corona Kavach health insurance policy will cover the healthcare expenses if the policyholder is infected by coronavirus.
Thsi policy mostly covers all the expenses related to cvoid-19 like hospitalization charges, room rent etc. ut remember this policy only covers espenses related to treatment and anything else from it doesn’t covered.
Now if we talk about Corona Rakshak Health Insurance policy which i mentioned above that this one is based on benefit-based policy which covers almost 100% insured amount but after the payment of the benefit this policy get closed. If you are the one on which house expenses are depended then i’ll recommend it to you.
The End | Thankyou, In thi.s Pandemic i saw many worst situations. It’s a humble request if you are able to help anyone then do that.